Looking for a refreshing salad that is really very pretty? Look no more! This salad is often our salad of choice when entertaining friends during the summer.
|Grilled Watermelon Salad with Reduced Balsamic Vinegar Topped with Goat Cheese--One word--delish!|
Here is my recipe:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup baby spinach leaves, finely shredded
1/2 cup goat cheese, broken into small pieces
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Here is how I did this:
1. Slice meat of seedless watermelon 4 6-ince slices, each around 1-inch thick.
2. Pour the vinegar into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Cook until reduced to a thick syrup consistency. Set aside.
3. Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium-high heat. Place watermelon slices on hot grill pan. Grill each side about 2 minutes or until grill marks appear; transfer to a plate and season with salt.
4. To assemble the salads, put about 1/4 of the baby spinach on salad plate, followed by a grilled slice of watermelon in the center. Lightly drizzle balsamic syrup over the top.
5. Top with a tablespoon of the crumbled goat cheese.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Calories Per Serving: 73.25