Preparing lunch--a gluten free lunch--for old friends doesn't require days of preparation.
Sometimes less is more, especially when you are short on time,, but long on determintion to make your guests feel special.
Here is my table:
|Table for four for lunch.|
|Individual place setting.|
|Look at the wine glass|
Here is what I did:
I chose a basic color scheme that match the predominate colors in my dining room--good and burgandy. A silk burgandy topper provided an unobtrusive backdrop to my other table appointments. I chose rustic placemats turned the narrow way, allowing about two to three inches flow over the side of the table. Mixing textures provides interest and draws the eye into the arrangement.
For tableware, I chose to use my modern square plates with my dinner plate serving as a charger for the smaller plates to come. Tall gold and burgandy wine glasses made perfect partners that became home for the gold and burgandy napkins. Dessert plates placed under the wine glasses highlighted the gold color of the stem that would have been lost on a dark 1860's handcarved oak table.
By planning a menu that can be made ahead of time and then a few final touches and you are to welcome you guest leaves you rested to enjoy your visit.
Here is my menu:
Citrus Fruit Cup (click for link to recipe)
with Rosemary Infused Syrup
Shrimp Salad Stuffed Tomato (click for link to recipe)
Stuffed Endive Salad (click for link to recipe)
Brazilian Cheese Bread (click for link to recipe)
Tart (click link for recipe) Berry
Here is my plan:
1. Prepare rosemary syrup and boil shrimp.
2. While the shrimp chilled and syrup cooled, I set the table.
3. Prepared shrimp salad.
4. Toasted pecans and made balsamic glaze for Stuffed Endive Salad.
5. While pecan toasted, washed and dried endive leaves.
6. Made crust and filling for tart.
7. Put fruit in compotes and spooned two tablespoon of rosemary syrup over the fruit.
8. Placed everything in refrigerator to keep overnight.
1. Placed fruit topping on tart and placed tart on serving platter.
2. Took tops off tomatoes, scooped out pulp and allowed to drain.
3. Made Stuffed Endive Salad.
4. Stuffed tomatoes and prepared serving plates.
5. Made dough for Brazilian Cheese Bread.
6. Whlle bread rested, placed fruit cups on table.
7. Cooked cheese bread and took out of oven as guest arrived.