Here is another terrifically beautiful dessert that is gluten free & easy. I personally like recipes that can be made in stages. In this particular case, I make the crust one evening and then complete in time for dinner the next day. One warning: this is a really rich dessert, so either save this one for a group of plan to have the same dessert for several meals in a row!
Here is my recipe:Crust:
1 packagge Pamela's Shortbread & Pecan Cookies
6 tablespoons butter melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flaked or shredded coconut
13.5-ounces whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4-ounce gelatin
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
1 cup blueberries, washed
1 cup blackberries, washed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place shortbread cookie crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 cup sugar in mixing bowl, Combine thoroughly; add coconut and stir to combine.
3. Pour crumbs into in center of tart pan with removable bottom. Spread to completely cover the bottom and up the sides. Tamp down firmly.
4. Place in preheated oven for abut 12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
1. Place 1/2 cup coconut milk in a small mixing bowl and gelatin; stir to combine. Let stand 10 minutes to allow time to activate the gelatin.
2. In large saucepan, place remaining coconut milk and remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Stir to combine. Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer (DO NOT BOIL). Stir until sugar completely dissolves. Add gelatin mixture to to hot milk. Cook, whisking until gelatin has dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to com to room temperature, or about 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until thick, but not set, about 45 minutes. If mixture begins to set, stir to smooth out again.
3. Place cream in large bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a whisk attachment. Beat on medium high until stiff peaks form. Fold into coconut milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set.
4. Spoon whipped cream mixture into prepared pie crust. Top with berries just before serving.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Calories Per Serving: 383
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne