Here is my recipe:
1/3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
2 tablespoons honey, divided
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 heads Belgian lettuce
1/3 cup goat cheese, broken into small pieces
1/4 cup dried cranberries, currants or raisins
Here is how I did it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
3. Combine pecans and 1 tablespoon of honey in small mixing bowl; toss to coat. Spread coated pecan pieces on prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring half way, until brown and fragrant.
4. In small saucepan, combine remaining 1 tablespoon honey, vinegar and orange juice. Place pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil ; cook until mixture is reduced to desired consistency, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Separate Belgian lettuce heads into individual leaves. Wash thoroughly and allow to dry completely. Fill each leaf with 1 teaspoon cheese,1 teaspoon pecans and 1 teaspoon dried cranberries. Drizzle with vinegar mixture.
Servings: 8 Yield: 14 - 16 individual leaves
Calories Per Serving: 146.5
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne