Mixing-and-matching is sometimes the name of the game. For our Steak Dinner with Friends , I choose to marinate for 24 hours 8 tender beef fillets. Then, Rick grilled each to perfection in the oven on broil. Each was topped with a generous portion of the Crab-and-Avocado Stuffing previously used as filling in a tomato for a luncheon menu.
Here is my recipe:
8 1-inch beef fillet
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce, such as Sans-J
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 recipe Crab-and-Avocado Stuffing (click for recipe for stuffing)
Here is how I did this:
1. Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a resealable plastic bag.
2. Place trimmed fillets in bag 24-hours prior to cooking. Turn every 2- to 3-hours.
3. Preheat oven to broil, about 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place steaks on broiler pan treated with gluten free non-stick cooking spray. Cook steaks, turning as needed, to reach desired degree of cooked.
5. Remove and top with generous portion of crab stuffing.