Friday, June 1, 2012

Grandma's Cole Slaw


This recipe takes me way, way back to my childhood! My great-grandmother prepared this for almost every summer meal.

Here is my recipe:


5 cups fresh cabbage, cored and finely chopped
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 cup raisins
1 cup cranberries, dried sweetened
1 cup carrot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt


Here is how I did it:


1. In large bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients, adding mayonnaise last
2. Cover, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Stir to mix before serving


Servings: 8


Cooking Times
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes


Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
Copyright: 2012





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.