Orange and Chocolate Flavors Are a Match Made in Heaven!
This Dessert Proves That Hypothesis
1 cup crushed chocolate cookie crumbs, (Pamela's Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies)
1/4 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place two layers of aluminum foil around the outside of bottom of spring form pan; set aside.
2. Place chocolate cookies in the bowl of food processor. Process until very fine. Place in small bowl and add melted butter. Stir to combine. Place cookie crumb mixture in bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan. Spread evenly and press.
3. Place cheeses, 4 tablespoons sugar, half of orange zest, orange extract and egg in medium bow. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over cookie mixture.
4. Place spring form pan in baking dish filled with one inch of water. Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set. When cooked, set spring form pan on wire rack and allow to cool for 30 minutes. When cooled, refrigerator for 15 additional minutes.
5. To unmold, run a rubber spatula around rim and remove sides of pan; set aside.
6. Place whipping cream in small mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, beat on high until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
7. Place a dollop of flavored whipping cream in the center of each slice. Garnish with remaining orange zest.
Servings: 8 Total Time: 1 hour and 55 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 252 calories, 170 calories from fat, 24.1g total fat, 112.5mg cholesterol, 264.7mg sodium, 88.6mg potassium, 26.9g carbohydrates, 1.4g fiber, 20.1g sugar, 6.2g protein.