No one will believe that these tassies are gluten free! The best part of making these treats is that the dough is so-o-o much easier to work with than traditional flour. Happy Baking!!!
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup Jackie's Quick Bread Flour Blend (Recipe)
3/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1 tablespoon butter (no substitutes), melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1# cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
3 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in a small mixing bowl and beat until thoroughly using an electric mixer. Stir in flour mixture. Cover and chill approximately 1 hour or until dough is each to handle.
3. While dough is chilling, place egg, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of melted butter and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Mix to combine thoroughly. Stir in chopped cranberries and walnuts.
4. Remove dough from refrigerator, and working quickly, shape dough into 1-inch balls. Using a tempered tassie tamper, press dough into the bottom and up the the sides of mini muffin cups. Fill each with 1-2 teaspoons of cranberry-nut filling.
5. Place in a preheat oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is firm. Remove tassies from pans and cool completely on cooling racks.
Recipe Type: Appetizer, Brunch, Cakes, Pastries, and Desserts, Dessert, Gluten Free, Holiday
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne