Saturday, August 24, 2013

Butter Pecan Pork Chops


Want something yummy and quick for dinner tonight? I have the perfect solution for you. My Butter Pecan Pork Chops are quick to get into the oven, moist and absolutely delicious. I plated them with heirloom tomatoes from my little backyard garden and my Brazilian Cheese Bread (click here for recipe) recipe.

I have a true confession here! I call this recipe mine, but my sweet hubby was actually the one who came up with this idea. We tweaked it a couple of times, and this is the final, perfected recipe.

You will notice that the nutritional information for this recipe is conspicuously absent. There is a very good reason. The program I use us calculate the nutritional information is based on data from USDA. However, the calorie count for pecans was incorrectly entered. Until I can manually update my ingredient list, I thought you would rather have this fab recipe without the nutritional information than wait for slow poke here is manually add and calculate this ingredient.

Enjoy!

Here is my recipe:
3 5-ounce pork chops, boneless
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cognac
1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Here is how I put this entrée together:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While oven is heating...

2. While over is heating, melt butter in 2 cup measuring cup. Add sage and pecans. Mix well; set aside.

3. Prepare grill pan with rack by lining pan with aluminum foil (if desired) and spray rack with non stick cooking spray.

4. Put a thin layer of the pecan/butter mix on pork chops, place dressed side down on rack. Spread remainder of the butter/pecan mix on the top side of the pork chops.

5. Place chops in oven, cook 30 minutes or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven, tent with aluminum foil for 5 to 10 minutes.

Author’s Note: Process pecans in food processor until approximately the texture of coarse ground corn meal.

Servings: 3

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes

Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
Copyright: 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.