With summer winding down, I have a super recipe for you that is easy, yummy and takes advantage of seasonal fare. This particular recipe is naturally gluten free right out of the shoot—not tweaking needed. However, there is one teeny warning: this recipe is the definition of the words “serve immediately”.
Here is my recipe:
1 medium zucchini, unpeeled, and cut in 1/4" slices
1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly ground grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs, gluten free, toasted,
1 pinch salt
Here is how I made this recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; coat with gluten free non-stick cooking spray.
2. Slice zucchini into 1/4-inch slices. Place olive oil in medium-sized mixing bowl. Add zucchini and toss.
3. Place in a small mixing bowl, combine Parmesan cheese, toasted bread crumbs and salt. Use a wooden spoon to thoroughly mix.
4. Dip each slice of zucchini into the Parmesan mixture, turning to coat evenly on both sides. Gently press coating to stick. Place zucchini slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from baking sheet and serve immediately.
Oven Temperature: 450°F
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 77 calories, 35 calories from fat, 4 g total fat, 5.5 mg cholesterol, 221.6 mg sodium, 149 mg potassium, 6.6 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1.7 g sugar, 3.9 g protein.
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne