|Pizza Meatballs are delicious served over Deboles Corn Spaghetti with warm marinara sauce.|
When you are tired but want a tasty meal, this one is for you! The pizza flavor is inside the meatballs, so every bite is like taking little bite of pizza.
What I like most about these meat balls--in addition to being incredibly delicious is that they can be made in quantity and frozen. When you are ready for a quick, yummy meal, all you have to do thaw and cook.
1/3 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil; drained, oil reserved, chopped
1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese finely grated
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
1 tablespoon tomato paste, gluten free
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 teaspoon salt to taste
3/4 pound ground beef (chuck)
1/2 pound ground pork
3 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon onion flakes
Here is how I did it:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line small roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy cleanup. Spray rack of roasting pan with non-stick canola cooking spray.
2. Place onion, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, and salt in the bowl of food processor. Process in 15-seconds in increments until well blended.
4. Place meatballs on prepared rack of roasting pan. Place in preheated oven and bake until cooked through, about 13 to 15 minutes. Turn heat to broil; cook an additional 2 minutes to brown.
5. While meatballs cook, place store bought marinara sauce in small saucepan. Add garlic, basil, oregano, thyme and onion flakes. Stir and heat thoroughly.
6. To serve, place cooked meatballs on pasta of choice (we prefer Deboles Corn Spaghetti) and drizzle with heated marinara sauce.
Servings: 4 Yield: 18 meatballs
Total Time: 42 minutes
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
|Just look at this little cub of mozzarella peaking out! YUM!|
Follow & tweet with 4 U Gluten Free on Twitter
Become a Facebook fan of 4 U Gluten Free
Join my circle on Google+