Pumpkin dishes are a fall favorite in the south. This particular recipe makes for a great treat at an "adult" Halloween party.
1/2 package Mi-Del gluten free ginger snaps
1/4 cup toasted almonds, finely chopped
6 tablespoons brown sugar firmly packed
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter melted
1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
2 medium eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 8-ounce blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons bourbon
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ginger
3 Candy Pumpkins (DO NOT EAT THESE; MAY BE PRODUCED CONTAMINATED DURING PROCESSING ON EQUIPMENT THAT ALSO MAKES WHEAT CONTAINING PRODUCTS)
1 teaspoon sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Butter 9 in spring form pan; line bottom & sides of pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Place ginger snaps in the bowl of a food processor. Process into fine crumbs. In medium mixing bowl, combine ginger snaps crumbs. almonds, brown sugar, salt & butter. Mix well. Press mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
4. Place in pre-heated oven & bake for 10 minutes; remove & set aside on cooling rack to cool.
1. Turn oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt in large mixing bowl, mix well; set aside,
3. Using an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, maple syrup, & bourbon until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture & sour cream. Mix thoroughly. Mixture should be very smooth & creamy. Pour mixture into pan with pre-baked crust.
4. Bake 60 or 70 minutes, until center shows little to no movement when pan is tapped. Remove to cooling rack & cool completely before adding topping.
5. Remove from side of spring form pan, & peel away parchment paper. Refrigerate until ready to slice and serve.
1. Using an electric mixer, combine sour cream, bourbon, and sugar in small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over cooled cheesecake.
2. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 3 hours.
1. Place 3 candy pumpkins in center of cheesecake.
2. Sprinkle orange sugar sprinkles over tope.
Servings: 10 Yield: 19-inch cheesecake
Total Time: 4 hours and 55 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Nutrition (per serving): 521 calories, 304 calories from fat, 34.7g total fat, 130mg cholesterol, 480.8mg sodium, 316.1mg potassium, 45.9g carbohydrates, 1.6g fiber, 40.9g sugar, 7g protein.
Recipe Type: Dessert, Gluten Free
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
Pumpkin Bourbon Cheesecake