This is the most delicious banana nut bread ever and very moist. My friends cannot believes this bread is gluten free! This is my hubby's favorite!
And, here is what I did:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Grease and flour 1 8 1/2-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. Place dry ingredients, except sugar, in medium sized mixing bowl. Blend together thoroughly; set aside.
3. In the work bowl of an electric stand mixer, place softened butter and sugar. Beat on medium speed until thoroughly mixed. Add overly ripe bananas, one at a time. Beat thoroughly after each addition. Add eggs and continue to beat. Add dry ingredients in 1/2-cup increments, beating well after each addition. Stir in walnuts.
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Nutrition (per serving): 340 calories, 156 calories from fat, 17.9g total fat, 77mg cholesterol, 357.4mg sodium, 320.6mg potassium, 44.5g carbohydrates, 2.6g fiber, 35g sugar, 3.8g protein
Here are my tips for success:
1. Overworking gluten free flour is impossible. The longer you mix gluten free breads and the longer you let them rest prior to baking. the better the product.
2. Once cooked, handle as little as possible because the texture is very fragile.
3. If bananas are not overly ripe, the bread will not be nearly so moist or have such a rich banana flavor.
4. Cooking time may vary dramatically with the amount of moisture in the bananas, the weather and the size of your oven. Begin checking at 45 minutes and ever 10 minutes thereafter until a toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition (per serving): 60 calories, 48 calories from fat, 5.5g total fat, 20.4mg cholesterol, 5.7mg sodium, 15.1mg potassium, 2.7g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 2g sugar, <1g protein.