Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Terrific Breakfast Dish with Tablescape

Herbed Scrambled Eggs with Potatoes & Onions (recipe in this week's edition of The Auburn Villager) would be the off-spring if marrying my Fluffy Scrambled Eggs (recipe published in early June 2007 edition of The Auburn Villager) to traditional hash brown potatoes. Flavored yogurt, precooked bacon slices and a Virgin Bloody Mary rounded out this dish.


. . . "The huge orchid I gave Rick for Valentines Day provided a great backdrop for my newest creation’s photo-op. The pastel colors in the orchid echo the colors of spring. To stage my picture I pulled out a few linens, including my mother’s multi-colored topper with butterflies. Pretty lime green placemats complemented the green in the topper. Placemats with an open white, yellow, blue and green plaid positioned at a 90-degree angle to the green placemats provided a rich, yet soothing color palette forming the basis for many tablescape color combinations from now until well past Easter." (Excerpt from The Auburn Villager column, From My Kitchen February 17 2011.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.