When slammed for a quick dessert for us gluten free-ers, having one in the freezer already made is super handy! This one is so yummy, and all you have to do is to slice it. Be sure to give it a few minutes to thaw slightly so that it will slice. A dollop of whipping cream would make a terrific finishing touch.
Here is my recipe and how I made this dessert:
1 stick butter, chilled and cut into 1/2 -inch cubes
8 cookies Schar Ladyfingers
1/4 cup brown sugar firmly packed
1/2 pint Cranberry Pear Conserves (Click for recipe)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine ladyfingers, butter and sugar in bowl of food processor. Blend on low speed until mixture forms moist crumbs that stick together.
3. Place mixture in bottom of prepared springform pan. Press crumbs firmly into bottom of pan. Place pan in center of baking dish; place baking sheet into center of preheated oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden and firm to the touch.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. Spread conserves or jam or jelly of choice over crust to within 1-inch of edge.
8 ounces Heath English Toffee Bits
4 ounces milk chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dried cranberries, currants or raisins
3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
1. Place the English toffee bits and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a medium saucepan over medium heat to just below a boil.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the cream over the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the dried cranberries and 1/2 cup of walnuts. Pour the chocolate filling over the cherry preserves and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup walnuts on top.
3. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours or until frozen. To serve, remove side of the springform pan and carefully remove parchment paper. Cut into wedges and serve. Do not allow to sit out more than 15 minutes prior to servcing.
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours and 35 minutes
Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet. Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients.
Calories Per Serving: 649.33
Calories From Fat (51%) 331.65
% Daily Value
Total Fat 41.46 g 64%
Saturated Fat 20.77 g 104%
Cholesterol 116.13 mg 39%
Sodium 97.95 mg 4%
Potassium 153.5 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrates 81.16 g 27%
Fiber 4.02g 16%
Sugar 26.61 g
Protein 5.02 g 10%
Copper 0.18 mg 9%
Glucose 0.1 g
Iron 1.41 mg 8%
Lactose 0 g
Lysine 0.1 g
Magnesium 20.31 mg 5%
Manganese 0.38 mg 19%
Net Carbohydrates 77.14 g
Phosphorus 60.06 mg 6%
Riboflavin 0.07 mg 4%
Selenium 0.91 mcg 1%
Thiamin 0.05 mg 3%
Vitamin A 795.85 IU 16%
Vitamin B12 0.08 mcg 1%
Vitamin B6 0.08 mg 4%
Vitamin C 0.41 mg <1 p="p">Vitamin D 16.51 IU 4%
Vitamin E 0.72 mg 7%
Vitamin K 2.28 mcg 3%
Zinc 0.65mg 4%
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne