This recipe is truly a self-developed and perfected. Not having on hand the ingredients needed for what I had planned necessitated making a few--as in everything but the salt and the spices--substitutions. I was so glad I did not have what I thought I needed originally! This is truly a winner that you will want to make again and again.
Here is my recipe:
4 boneless center-cut lean pork chops (about 4 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt, plus salt to taste
1/4 cup Blackberry Chipotle Sauce (Robert Rothchild Farm)
2 tablespoons Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar (Wine Country Kitchens)
1 1/3 tablespoon molasses
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
Here is how I put this one together:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt on both sides. Place on rack of shallow roasting pan; set aside.
3. Place 1/4 teaspoon salt, Blackberry Chipotle Sauce, Blackberry Balsamic Vinegar, molasses and spices in a small mixing bowl. Divide mixture in half; reserving one-half for serving.
4. Using a pastry brush, brush pork chops on both sides. Place pork chops in preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes; turn and brush with any of the first half of sauce.
5. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes of until a quick read thermometer reads 160 degrees. Allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before plating. Spoon remaining sauce over pork chops; sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Calories Per Serving: 200.13
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne