Monday, September 24, 2012

Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip with Cheese & Bacon Topping


For years I owned a wine, gift and antique shop named The Brass Brassiere. This recipe takes me down the memory lane of The Brass Brassiere wine tasting parties we hosted twice monthly. I served several versions of spinach and artichoke dips over the years, but my Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Cheese and Bacon Topping (recipe follows) is a slight twist on the ones I served my party-goers many times. The only differences are that I put in a few red pepper flakes to give this dip just the tiniest bit of kick, and I added a cheese and bacon topping, which Rick says were inspired.


Here is my recipe:
1 cup four cheese blend, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup bacon pieces, finely crumbled
12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1 can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Here is how I did this:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with gluten free non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place four cheese blend and bacon pieces in small mixing bowl; stir to combine and set aside.
3. Place all ingredients into bowl of a food processor. Processor on high until mixture is the desired thickness. (I process the mixture to a creamy consistency so that the dip will spread easily.)
4. Pour processed mixture into prepared baking dish; use the back of a wooden spoon to smooth the top. Sprinkle cheese/bacon mixture evenly over the top.
5. Place filled baking dish in the center of a baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with gluten free crackers, corn chips or bagels.
Servings: 16
Yield: 3 cups


Amount Per Serving
Calories 309.96

Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
Copyright: 2012




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! I got this one pinned and tweeted out!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.