I don't know of anyone who does not enjoy a cheese based dip. This one has always been popular at my gatherings. When we served this dip as an appetizer for our Steak Dinner with Friends, we had very little left.
1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
1 1/4 cups Asiago cheese, grated
1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
14 ounces frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1 teaspoon salt to taste
1 can artichoke hearts, drained & quartered
1/2 cup toasted Ener-G Brown Rice Bread crumbs
1 baguette Against the Grain Gourmet baguette, sliced & toasted
Here is how I made it:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Thoroughly combine Gorgonzola, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses; set aside.
3. Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add garlic to melted butter; sauté until garlic becomes fragrant.
4. Place chicken broth in the bowl of a food processor. Add sautéd garlic, cheeses, heavy cream, spinach, artichoke and salt. Process until roughly chopped.
5. Transfer mixture to a 1½-quart casserole dish. Smooth mixture with back of wooden spoon; spread toasted bread crumbs over the top. Place casserole dish on a baking sheet, and put into preheated oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until brown and bubbly. Serve with gluten free crackers or toasted gluten free baguettes.
Servings: 24 Yield: 4-5 cups
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Amount Per Serving
Calories Per Serving: 310.84 (2 Tablespoons)
Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne