Monday, June 11, 2012

Quick Week-Night Dinner--Mediterranean Shrimp

Ever come home so tired you feel like you are going to drop and wonder what in world you can prepare in just a few minutes? I have one answer for you. My Mediterranean Shrimp can literally be on the table in just a few minutes. 

My trick is that I keep a bag of pre-washed spinach in my refrigerator all the time as well as several pounds of  shrimp in my freezer. Corn or corn and rice pasta are staples in my pantry. So, when the stresses of the day take their toll, you can have this one on the table in no time.

Gorgeous, complete meal in less than 30 minutes

Here is my recipe:

4 ounces Farmo corn and rice pasta
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 stick butter (no substitutes)
1 pound medium shrimp (16- 20 count), peeled and deveined with tails removed
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups fresh baby spinach, washed

Here is how I did it:

1. Fill medium sauce pot 3/4 full of water. Add salt and pasta; bring to boil and cook 8-10 minutes or according to package instructions to desired degree of doneness.

2. While pasta  is cooking, melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp. Turn shrimp after 90 seconds and should be pink on the bottom. Place spinach on top of shrimp.

3. Cook another 90 seconds before beginning to stir mixture. Remove from heat as soon a spinach wilts.

4. Drain pasta and place in serving bowl. Add shrimp and spinach mixture on top of pasta. Serve immediately.

Servings: 2

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes

Calories Per Serving: 574.93

Author: Dr. Jacquelyn P. Horne
Copyright: 2012






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.