No pixs, but nevertheless a delicious recipe. A delicious breakfast nibble, especially when traveling when a safe breakfast may be hard to find. Just add a glass of milk or a cup of coffee & you have a wonderful nutritious meal!
You can't eat just one . . . I promise.
3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill rice flour
6 tablespoons cornstarch
6 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill soy flour
2 teaspoons Rumford baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
¼ pound organic butter, melted
1 large organic egg
6 tablespoons organic whole milk
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups bananas, mashed
½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
½ cup Main Street apple raisin walnut granola
½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup apple sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Line 36 mini-muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
3. Combine all of the dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add melted butter & combine thoroughly on medium speed of an electric mixer.
4. In separate bowl, thoroughly combine eggs, milk, vanilla & mashed bananas. Add egg mixture to flour & butter mixture. Mix thoroughly, stopping to scrape down sides of mixing bowl. With mixer running on medium speed, add walnuts, granola, coconut & applesauce. Continue to mix for 2 to 4 minutes longer (impossible to overmix).
5. Using a small ice cream scoop, place one scoop of batter into lined muffin cups. Bake 330-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place muffin tins on cooling rack & allow to cool for approximately 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Either serve or place in airtight container.
Servings: 18 Yield: 36
Total Time: 50 minutes
Oven Temperature: 350°F
Nutrition (per serving): 196 calories, 76 calories from fat, 8.7g total fat, 24.4mg cholesterol, 172.2mg sodium, 140.6mg potassium, 25.6g carbohydrates, 3.1g fiber, 17.6g sugar, 6.1g protein.