Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First Feel of Fall









Cooler temperatures, goldenrod blooming and leaves turning from green to pretty earth tones signify fall. I change the table decor in my kitchen often because that is where we spend so much time. This past weekend I got Rick to get all of my fall decorations out of the attic. And, being the good husband that he is, he graciously complied while I was deciding just how to dress the table.


I  like to use several layers of textures and complementary colors.  I choose a chocolate colored round tablecloth for the base. I placed a copper colored flocked runner at an angle across the table. Dark brown place mats trimmed with a peachy-coppery colored velvet ribbon  and coordinating napkins held by wooden napkin ring holders with a leaf motif rounded out the place settings. 

The centerpiece was super simple. I simply took a wooden basket--the one I use for almost everything--and placed a silk arrangement in one end and an antique carnival glass candle holder in the other end. Dried fall leaves casually scattered around the base. The wrought iron handles on the wooden basket echo the wrought candle holder.



My sideboard is looks a lot like fall. A topper in fall colors on a black background formed the basis of this arrangement.  Silk flowers also in fall colors are held in a black mango wooden vase. An aluminum tray trimmed boasting a pine cone motif is home to an assortment of little gourds, which will later be replaced by winter squash.

And, just who said a gluten free life style has  to be boring? Certainly no one in my home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.