When I need a quick, filling entree that is guaranteed to be perfect, I reach for chicken breasts and a package of pasta. Add a spinach and vegetable salad for a complete meal that is on the table in about 30 minutes from start to finish.
I promise I will get a picture, but I am always tired and in a hurry when I prepare this dinner, thus forgetting to take a picture.
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
1 cup Ener-G (gluten free) bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs beaten
2 tablespoons heavy cream
4 5-ounce Chicken breasts -- boned and skinned
Heat oil and butter in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. In a medium bowl, mix together beaten eggs & heavy cream. Season chicken on both sides with salt, dip in egg mixture & then in bread crumbs. Shake off any excess, place coated chicken in heated oil and butter mixture. Cook until golden and cooked throughout, about 3 to 5 minutes each side. Remove to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
¼ cup kalamata olives, pitted & finely chopped
2 tablespoons capers
1/3 cup white wine, dry
½ lemon lemon
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, minced
1. Pour off excess liquid from pan used to cook chicken. Pour wine into heated pan to deglaze. Using a wooden spoon, scrape the browned bits clinging to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers and lemon zest. Cook until the tomatoes start to soften, about 4 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt to taste.
2. Arrange the chicken on a platter and pour the sauce over the top.
1. I serve this over DeBoles Gluten Free Corn Spaghetti Style Pasta.
2. For a change of pace and to shorten meal preparation time, I sometimes cut the chicken breasts into 2-inch cubes, reducing the cooking time almost by half.
3. Heated marinara sauce, whether store bought gluten free or homemade, makes this dish very Italian, pretty and tasty.