Making dinner on week nights can be tough. This meal in one is as nutritious as it is delicious. Simply add a side salad and a bowl of gluten free ice cream for a complete, satisfying meal.
|Beautiful Meal in One|
Roasted Chicken Breast
4 Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil divided
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 ounces button mushrooms sliced thin
1 large tomatoe, diced
1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup white wine, divided
1 cup chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Season chicken breasts with salt. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in sauce pan. Turn heat to medium high and place chicken breasts inn pan; brown on each side or about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place in baking dish fitted with lid.
3. Add 1/2 cup wine to deglaze bottom of sauce pan. Add onions and garlic; cook until tender and fragrant which is about 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining wine and mushrooms; continue to cook for an addition 2 minutes. Stir in cornstarch; continue to cook until liquid begins to thicken slightly. Stir in spices and remove from heat.
4. Pour vegetable mixture over chicken breasts in baking dish. Add chicken broth. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove top and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, but not dry.
Spaghetti with Vegetables
1/2 cup butter
8 ounces corn spaghetti or linguini cooked
3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
4 cloves garlic clove, minced
4 large green onion chopped
8 ounces button mushrooms sliced thin
1/2 cup white wine
1 crown broccoli florets
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 1/2 tablespoons salt, divided
2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
1. Place water, 1 tablespoon salt and butter in large sauce pan with 2 quarts water over medium-high heat. When water comes to rolling boil, place spaghetti in water. Turn heat to low and cook 10 minutes or to al dente.
2. While water is coming to a boil, place olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, green onions and mushrooms to heated oil. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add broccoli and cook an additional 3 to five minutes or until broccoli is softened.
3. Pour white wine into pan to deglaze by scraping the little bits stuck to the bottom.
4. Add tomatoes, basil and salt. Cook only until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.
5. Drain pasta and top with vegetables.
Place drained spaghetti on four dinner plates. Top with vegetables. Place chicken breast on top of vegetables and spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons liquid from baking dish over chicken. Sprinkle entire plate with coarsely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley.