Simplifying Making Gluten-Free-Bread-Pudding
1 sticks butter (no substitutes), melted
2 cups whole milk, at room temperature
1 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoons vanilla
6 large eggs at room temperature
1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
1 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
1/3 cup heavy (whipping) cream, whipped
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
12 large strawberries, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. After cutting bread into cubes, coat with melted butter. Spread buttered bread cubes onto a baking sheet. Place in preheat oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until slightly browned an crispy.
3. Place milk. sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in sauce pan over medium heat until scalded. The milk has reached the desired temperature when small bubbles begin to form around the edges of the pan. DO NOT MILK MIXTURE TO BOIL.
4. Place eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat until frothy and a light yellow. Pour 3/4 cup of scalded milk into beaten eggs very slowly. Then, very, very slowly pour egg mixture in a thin steady stream back into milk mixture, whisking steadily. CAUTION: If this process is not followed exactly, the milk mixture will scramble the eggs.
5. Place toasted bread cubes into a large mixing bowl; pour milk and egg mixture over the bread cubes. Add white chocolate morsels Toss thoroughly; stir in white chocolate chips. Allow to stand for 10 minutes
6. Pour two tablespoons melt butter into a 1.5 quart soufflé dish; butter all sides allowing any extra to remain in the bottom of the dish. Pour entire mixture into prepare soufflé dish. Place in preheat oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. To serve, place a large spoonful or two on dessert place. Top off this yummy dessert with a scoop of whipped heavy cream and fresh fruit.
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Calories Per Serving 444.26
Become a fan of 4 U Gluten Free on Facebook
Follow & Tweet with me on Twitter!
Join my Circle on Google+